Friday 7 September 2012

Change is good! ...Right?

Wow, it's been a while.  Those last couple weeks of summer just flew by!  I should have known not to start something new right then, but when is a GOOD time to start something new?  There's always something that can prevent us from changing and moving ahead.

I think that's been my biggest issue lately.  We need big change in our house to make things run smoother, and I feel like I'm the only one who is doing anything about it!  Of course, change isn't easy for anyone and trying to establish routines for yourself is hard enough, let alone establishing new ones for 3 little kids as well! About 6 weeks ago I started a cleaning schedule that I saw here, I did mine in Word, and adapted it for my family, adding some extra things both on the daily and the Friday rotation list.  It worked fabulously!  For the first 2 weeks.  Just so happens, hubby was out of town for one of those weeks.  Coincidence?  Also, there was a retirement party I had to do a bunch of baking for, AND I got the flu.  That third week was not fun.  But I haven't been able to get back on it, which has really been bothering me, because while I was following it, I felt GREAT!  Like I was totally on top of things, I had time to do some baking with the kidlets and have fun with them, because things were under control.

Princess, my eldest, "started school" this week.  I have that in quotations, because she started Kindergarten, and I don't know what that entails elsewhere, but here it means about an hour and a half of "class" spread out over the week.  On top of that, Sweet Pea, my 3 year old, started preschool 2 afternoons a week.  That was a fair bit less disrupting, as they started the regular schedule right off the bat, and to say she had no issue with leaving Mom for the afternoon is a total understatement.  Next week, Princess will be on more or less her regular schedule, so I'm going to really try to follow my cleaning schedule and get back on top of things.  I'm hoping I can get it ingrained before the new babe arrives in November so that it's second nature.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment